Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Homemade Chef

Flour fights in the kitchen while the parents are away?
Eating batter by the spoonfuls out of the bowl? 
Taste testing every dish before it hits the table?

Sound familiar?  

It does to me as this is how I began my cooking and baking adventure back in elementary and middle school.  Easy Bake Oven step aside, I wanted the real thing...the stove/oven!

Cooking and baking goods for others to enjoy has long been a passion of mine.  It all started in the kitchen as a child as my mother would tell me stories of how her and her mother used to make certain dishes together such as Zwieback, a German Sweet Bread.  I would see my mothers face light up when she would recall the memories she had cooking and eating what her now departed mother used to make.  As a child, I sensed that there was some kind of connection my mother had with not only her mother but the food her mother made.  Since then,  I wanted to be like my mother when she was a child.  I wanted those found memories of creating and making great tasting recipes in the kitchen along side the one who knows it best, my mother. As a child I was lucky as the majority of our produce and meat came from my parents garden and my uncles cow's, pigs, chickens, etc.  I didn't know processed foods or the norm of eating out several times a week.  Rather, I knew what mother taught me, how to make and eat wholesome food from scratch.

After many belly aches and splatter burns, I believe I have a pretty decent handle on how to make healthier food taste delicious. Without further a duo, here are some of the dishes I have made clients as a Homemade Personal Chef.


Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Turkey Quinoa and Red Pepper Aioli 


Turkey Fried Rice


Crab Salad with Tomatoes



Spicy Shrimp and Rice Soup


Baked French Toast with Cinnamon Streusel 


Recipes to come but first, I need to write them down myself!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment